Tuesday 25 March 2014

In Retrospect....

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect."
- Anaïs Nin


      I find sometimes that it's difficult to realise those moments of true happiness I, hoping I'm not alone in this also, struggle to discover them until it's over. Hence me writing this, to help find those moments, items and people that have made me and anyone I talk to happy. So you could see this as a blog on happiness I suppose... 
     
 As for what is making me happy right now that would be Anaïs Nin.  A woman who did what she wanted whenever she wanted. Including being married to two men in two different cities and told so many lies she had to keep a "lie box". She is apparently one of the finest writers in erotica and mixed with the best, Henry Miller, John Steinbeck and Antonin Artaud to name a few. By the way if you've read Gore Vidal's autobiography it was all lies, he loved her and wrote a love letter that survived time even if his feelings didn't.

Even if you disagreed with her decisions in life you had to admire how she took every single opportunity open to her at the very least.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment